Asian Style Chicken Legs
Chicken legs are by far my favourite part of the chicken. The delicious dark meat, crispy skin and rich meaty flavour beats the flavour of a chicken breast any day of the week. For the past couple of weeks I have really been into experimenting with Asian inspired culinary creations (thanks to nom nom paleo ) The fish sauce combined with the wheat free tamari creates such depth to the chicken. The best part about eating these delicious pieces of meat is knowing how incredibly nutrient dense your meal is. This anti-cancer marinate is full of potent antioxidants and anti-cancer compounds that come from the ginger, garlic, olive oil, onions, chives and parsley. I served this chicken dish with a red, green and Nappa cabbage salad topped with organic raisins and chives. Divine! :))
- 6-8 sunworks farms chicken legs
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Certified Organic GMO free wheat free tamari
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- chives – for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Wash and pat dry chicken
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay chicken legs on tray. Pour marinade over top of the chicken, flipping the legs over to ensure the marinade covers all parts of the leg.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake legs for 20 min. Flip and bake for an additional 20 min.
- Garnish with parsley and chives and serve