Fall Apart Herb Chuck Roast with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Vegetable Gravy
Author: Justine Stenger
- 3 lb Sunworks Farms Chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp ghee 2 Tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 carrots, small diced
- 4 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 large yellow onion, small diced
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into quarters
- 1 bunch parsley, minced – divided ½ cup homemade chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup filtered water
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Pat your roast with a paper towel until dry. Combine sage, rosemary, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper and cover roast.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet and add 2 Tbsp of ghee the skillet. Brown roast on all sides- about 3 min per side.
- In a large roast pan add carrots, onion, celery, garlic , bay leaves and parsley. Cover with one cup of filtered water. Lay roast on top of your diced vegetables, cover with foil and bake for 6 hours @ 275F.
- When your roast is pull apart soft, remove from oven. Scoop out all your vegetables and transfer to a high -powered blender. Add chicken broth and half of the parsley. Puree until smooth and taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Pour vegetable gravy over roast, top with remaining parsley and serve over mashed sweet potatoes. Enjoy!