- 4 lbs Sunworks Farms lamb stew meat
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 Tbsp organic tomato paste (glass container or BPA free can)
- 3 -4 inch piece ginger – pureed
- 3 cloves garlic- pureed
- 1 cup organic Thompson raisins
- 1 ½ cups organic dried apricots
- ¼ cup ras el hanout
- 2 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 leek, half moon sliced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 8 cups homemade chicken broth
- 3 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 white sweet potatoes, small diced
- 4 parsnips, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 – 8 ounce package organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsley, divided into stalks and leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste
- heat a large soup pot and add coconut oil. Once pot is hot, add lamb and brown – about three min on each side (working in batches If necessary) Remove lamb from the pot and set aside.
- Add onion, leek, ras el hanout, saffron and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Spoon ½ cup of chicken broth into the vitamix and add ginger and garlic. Blend until pureed. Let the garlic sit for 10 min so the allicin can become active and resistant to heat.
- Place lamb back to your soup pot. Add salt, pepper, parsley stalks, chicken stock and tomato paste. Stir until combine.
- Add your ginger and garlic mixture and stir until fully incorporated into the broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 hours or until lamb is soft.
- Add diced vegetables, cover and cook for 35-40 min or until vegetables are soft.
- Season with parsley leaves, lemon juice and additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice or serve alone with a side of freshly steamed vegetables. Enjoy!