Rosemary Lamb Shoulder Roast with Apricots and Caramelized Onion
- 2 lbs Sunworks Farms lamb shoulder roast
- 2 ½ Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced – divided
- 2 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 20 organic dried apricots, sliced in ½
- 1 cup homemade chicken bone broth (rosemary infused)
- 1 bunch green onions
- In a small bowl, combine rosemary, salt , pepper and olive oil and stir to combine.
- Rub lamb shoulder roast with rub, covering all sides.
- Wrap the roast tightly in parchment paper and in a sealed glass container and let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Slice onion and apricots and lay on the bottom of a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary. Add chicken broth to cover.
- Lay lamb on top of your onion/apricot mixture and roast for 4 ½ hours or until lamb can easily shred with a fork.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Pour apricot sauce on top of the roast and garnish with green onions and additional salt and pepper to taste