The deadline to order one of our Fresh, Certified Organic, Certified BCSPCA Humane turkeys is December 17th or when we sell out of reservable turkeys, whichever happens first. We always recommend ordering a turkey as early as possible in order to know that you have a turkey reserved for your Christmas feast.
We raise an Orlopp Bronze turkey. This is an heirloom turkey that has beautiful black feathers and a wonderful flavor. Our Christmas turkeys are raised inside warm barns that protect them from our cold and unpredictable Alberta winters. Our barns have windows to let the winter sunshine in and the turkeys are given fresh wood shavings to keep them clean and dry. The turkeys are given lots of room to move around and express their natural behaviours.
There are three easy ways to order your turkey:
- Online through our website https://www.sunworksfarm.com/order-your-fresh-christmas-tu…/
- In person at your preferred turkey pickup location (see list below)
- By phone through the farm office 1-877-393-3133 (office hours are 9am to 2:30pm Monday to Thursday- if you are calling outside of these hours please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can)
Christmas 2018 Turkey Pickup Days and Locations are:
- The Old Strathcona Farmers’ Marketin Edmonton, Saturday, December 22 from 7:30am-12pm
- Our Meat Shop on Whyte Ave (located within the Blush Lane Store) in Edmonton Saturday December 22 from 8am-5pm
- Vinesations in Downtown Camrose, 4937 50St Camrose. Friday December 21 from 4:30-6pm.
- The Avenida Food Hall & Fresh Marketin Calgary, Thursday, December 20 from 11am to 8pm
When you place your order we take a $10 deposit per turkey, this reserves you a turkey but not a specific size. If you would like a specific size we recommend that you arrive at your pickup location early in order to have the best selection of sizes available. The majority of our turkeys will be between 12lb and 26lbs. Turkeys are $12.99/kg ($5.90/lb)