Thanksgiving Turkeys 2019
We are no longer taking reservations for our Thanksgiving turkeys. We will have unreserved turkeys available for walkup customers at the turkey pickup locations.
School has started, the nights are colder, and the leaves are starting to turn. That means that it is time to start thinking about where you are going to get your Thanksgiving turkey. We are now taking orders for our free range Certified Organic and BCSPCA Humane Certified Thanksgiving turkeys.
We raise an Orlopp Bronze Turkey. This is a Heritage Breed turkey that was developed by the Orlopp family back in 1935. Orlopp Bronze turkeys have a beautiful natural black feathering and thrive when raised outside. Our Thanksgiving turkeys are moved outside as soon as they are old enough and moved every day onto the fresh grass. The meat is a very light caramel color and boasts a very rich complex flavor. They are “black-feathered” birds which will cause some of the pin feather holes on the skin to look like little ink spots.
This year’s turkey pickup locations and days are:
- Strathcona Farmers Market Oct 12. 7:30am-12pm Turkeys will not be held past 12pm
- Our Meat Shop on Whyte Ave (located within the Blush Lane Store) Pickup Day will be Oct 12 from 8am-5pm Turkeys will not be held past 5pm
- Southwest Edmonton Farmers Market (Terwillegar) Pickup Day will be Oct 9 from 4pm-7:30pm turkeys will not be held past 7:00pm Please note that the market opening hours and turkey pickup hours have changed to 4pm to 7pm
- St. Albert Farmers Market Pickup Day will be Oct 12 10am-3pm turkeys will not be held past 3pm
- Camrose turkeys will be picked up at the Camrose Composite High School Parking Lot 6205 48 Ave Camrose. Oct 11 4:30-6pm. Turkeys will not be held past 6pm. No extra unreserved turkeys will be at the Camrose pickup location.
- Avenida Food Hall and Fresh Market in Calgary Pickup Day will be Oct 10 from 11am to 8pm Turkeys will not be held past 8pm
When you order we take a $10 deposit per turkey, this reserves you a turkey but not a specific size. If you would like a specific size we recommend that you arrive at your pickup location early in order to have the best selection of sizes available. The majority of our turkeys are between 12lb and 26lbs. The deadline to order turkeys will be October 7th at 5:00pm or when we sell out of reservable turkeys, whichever comes first. Turkeys are $12.99/kg ($5.90/lb).
Once you have placed your order online you will receive an order confirmation email. If you do not receive this email please check your junk mail folder. To make your turkey pickup as efficient as possible please print your confirmation email and bring it with you when you pickup your turkey.
For more information about our turkey pickup locations and dates or to order a turkey by phone please call us at 1-877-393-3133.