We are no longer taking reservations for our Thanksgiving Turkeys.
Still need a turkey? We have 24 of our fresh certified organic turkeys left at Our Meat Shop on Whyte Ave in Edmonton.
The Meat Shop is located within the Bush Lane Store in the Roots Community building on Whyte Ave in Edmonton. (8135-102 Street). It is open Saturday Oct 6 until 9pm, Sunday Oct 7 from 9am to 9pm and Monday Oct 8 10am to 7pm.
For the best selection of unreserved turkeys we recommend arriving as early as possible.
Thanksgiving Turkeys 2018
The cooler weather is a reminder that fall is coming and it is time to start planning for your Thanksgiving dinner. We will again be taking orders for our free range Certified Organic and BCSPCA Humane Certified turkeys.
We raise an Orlopp Bronze Turkey. This is a Heritage Breed turkey that was developed by the Orlopp family back in 1935. Orlopp Bronze turkeys have a beautiful natural black feathering and thrive when raised outside. Our Thanksgiving turkeys are moved outside as soon as they are old enough and moved every day onto the fresh grass. The meat is a very light caramel color and boasts a very rich complex flavor. They are “black-feathered” birds which will cause some of the pin feather holes on the skin to look like little ink spots.
This year’s turkey pickup locations and days are:
- Strathcona Farmers Market Oct 6. 7:30am-12pm Turkeys will not be held past 12pm
- Our Meat Shop on Whyte Ave (located in the Blush Lane Store in Edmonton) Pickup Day will be Oct 6 at Roots from 8am-5pm Turkeys will not be held past 5pm
- Southwest Edmonton Farmers Market (Terwillegar) Pickup Day will be Oct 3 from 4pm-7:30pm turkeys will not be held past 7:30pm
- St. Albert Farmers Market Pickup Day will be Oct 6 10am-3pm turkeys will not be held past 3pm
- Camrose turkeys will be picked up at Vinesations in Camrose 4957 50St Camrose. Oct 4 4-5:30pm. Turkeys will not be held past 5:30pm.
- Market on Macleod Pickup Day will be Oct 4 from 9am to 5pm Turkeys will not be held past 5pm
Once you have placed your order online you will receive an order confirmation email. If you do not receive this email please check your junk mail folder. To make your turkey pickup as efficient as possible please print your confirmation email and bring it with you when you pickup your turkey.
For more information about our turkey pickup locations and dates or to order a turkey by phone please call us at 1-877-393-3133.
When you order we take a $10 deposit per turkey, this reserves you a turkey but not a specific size. If you would like a specific size we recommend that you arrive at your pickup location early in order to have the best selection of sizes available. The majority of our turkeys are between 12lb and 26lbs. The deadline to order turkeys will be October 1st at 5:00pm or when we sell out of reservable turkeys, whichever comes first. Turkeys are $12.99/kg ($5.90/lb).